Friday, January 1, 2010

24 hours

Bran, my mom & the boys and I had a super crazy 24 hours on Wednesday and Thursday. We left for Low Gap around 2 on Wednesday. About 1/2 way to Huntsville mom said "wow, look at those huge buzzards in that tree". We were already past so I just barely got a glimpse of the "buzzards" before they were gone. As soon as I saw them, I knew they weren't buzzards, but bald eagles. I have never in my entire life ever seen a real bald eagle. It was amazing!! Mom and I climbed out in the rain to get pictures.





Just a little before we got to Low Gap we drove through the Buffalo River Valley and saw a field full of elk. This is the buck that was the closest to the road.
Ok, now we move on to the cabin. My aunt and uncle have a cabin out in the middle of nowhereville. They haven't really lived there in years, so it's pretty run down. Since I had to take pictures at the wedding we decided to stay there to be closer to the church. When we got there we found 14 crockpots full of brisket for the wedding! When I hooked up #15 to make soup...we blew the breakers! There were 6 in the kitchen, 3 in the office, 3 in the living room and 2 on the dryer in the laundry/bathroom. Mom told Aaron that at the reception she was going to ask for the brisket cooked in the bathroom.
To make matters a little more crazy, Aaron sliced his hand open only a few hours before the wedding. He had to make the 45 minute drive into Harrison to get it stitched up...AND to top it off he had to play the guitar in the wedding.
I'm jsut starting to edit pictures, but here are a few I didn't have to edit. This is Brandon, Dustin (the groom) and Aaron.
MaryAnne had to make a quick run to the potty before she got her dress on.
I got this shot when MaryAnne paused to catch her breath just before things got started.
Somewhere in the middle of all the craziness, MaryAnne and Dustin got married...the New Year came and went & mom caught a plane back to Delaware. It's hard to believe my 19 day "vacation" is only 2 days from being gone forever. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment