Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving's Ode to (Emily) Joy

Well, it was another wonderful Thanksgiving Day in the Champagne home. As you can see by this first picture...Emily was the center of the world for most of the day. She can crawl now and is just turning into a complete joy to be around. She wanted to be a part of everything and really warmed up to everyone really quickly. She had smiles for all & didn't mind using her bewitched family to reach her goals.

Uncle Derek and Ri spent some time looking at old year books. One from 1992 and one from 2007.
The boys played an exciting game of Slamwich.

After the movie we went by Wal-Mart and let everyone grab something quick and easy to eat for a late dinner. You know the stuff, Chicken pot pies, tv dinners, chili dogs.... While were were there I had to pick up the newest installment of Life Magazines, Greatest Unsolved Mysteries of all time. It touches on 50 of the best mysteries of our time. Things like Jack the Ripper, The Lost Colony, Lizzie Borden...it's a great read & I look forward to it every year.

Well, Black Friday has come and gone and I haven't been out of the bed for more than a few minutes. I woke up with a little cold and used it as an excuse to do nothing all day! And guess what? I plan to do the same exact thing tomorrow! I LOVE VACATION!!

3 comments:

  1. thanks for all the pics. We had a great time. and EMILY ACTUALLY SLEPT THANKSGIVING NIGHT!! thank goodness. I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my are those Farmington year books? I noticed that the kids go to Farmington. I went there too back in the day! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    Courtney Oxford-Cox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassie-I WISH Santa would bring me a plane ticket to NWA. Kendall is no longer free...so it's definitely cheaper to drive, and I'm not doing 10 hours in a car with a two year old alone. I'm a little homesick, but not crazy!!! HA!! I miss y'all!!! :)

    ReplyDelete