Saturday, September 26, 2009

BB&B

Wow, it's been a busy weekend! I have like 5 things to blog about, so I better just hit the high notes.

First, I have to rave about a new little dessert I was introduced to a month or 2 ago. It called Edwards Singles, and you find it in the frozen pie/cake section at the store. Right now they have 2 flavors...Apple Crisp and Fudge Brownie.
They are just so dang easy. In each box you get 2 servings. First you pop the little"bowl" with the blob of brownie or apples in the microwave for 45 seconds, then you tip the little ice cream cup over it and plop it on top.

This is what you get. Each box is $2 (at least here in Arkansas) Give it a try, you'll be hooked!

Ok, next we move on to lunch today. Jeanne and Dennis came over for a late birthday lunch after church. After that Jeanne opened her gifts. The boys were so excited to giver her the tiny little T-Fal skilled we got her. She have little Bantum hens that lay little bitty eggs...now she has something to cook them in.

Now we jump back to Saturday. All the boys had games, but since I have already blogged about soccer and football, I will just show pics of Cade's first game.
It was a crazy game to say the least. Cade started out pretty much like he always does. He is timid and won't try to steal the ball or anything. He's a good ball handler, so he brings the ball down, but other than that he's was just another little guy running around like a chicken with his head cut off....That was until the second half. He got his first 2 points (the first for his team) just after the second half started.
Well, something clicked in that little guys head...he started stealing the ball and taking it down for the shot pretty much before anyone else even got to his side of the court. Not I'm not saying he made all of them, but he did that little song and dance 7 times in a row. It was almost comical to watch. This is my favorite shot of him. I was messing with the focus so I could make it look almost like he was flying...I think it came out great!
On Friday night we went to see the Lady Razorback Soccer team. Riley had $1 tickets he got from school so we decided to check it out. We had a great time even if they lost.
The boys got to get up close and personal with the mascot since there was only a couple 3 or 400 people there.
What really got me was that regular tickets only cost $4 for adults...a 20oz drink costs the same amount!
Before the game we had to take in a little BB&B. Once a year, over 4 days, 300, 000 or so bikers converge on Fayetteville for Bikes, Blues & BBQ. It a loud, fun time. The main street they hit is called Dickson Street. We took the boys and just set for an hour or so watching all the bikes go by.


My favorite bike...
Cade's favorite... Boston's favorite...
The best helmet by far...
Some how I think this poor old man got a little confused...he thought it was called Scooters, Blues & BBQ.
Well, that's about it...I'm tired just talking about it! We just got home from small group & Bran is still gone watching game film from yesterdays game. You know men, you watch it live...then you watch it on film so you can talk about it!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I want that dessert... But there is no way I'll lose this weight if I even start in on those.. Maybe I will reward myself with one if I hit my goal!

    We went to bbb too, it is crazy to see that many people on Dickson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That helmet is too much, seriously some people. :)
    Those desserts look so yummy, not like I need to know about them, how is my diet you ask? Let's just no go there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your favorite motorcycle lives in our neighborhood! How many pink polka dot motorcycles can there be in the US? You were busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your favorite bike was my favorite, too!! =)

    ReplyDelete