*
Last night we got a chance to run by and see Trav, Steph and little Natalie at the hospital. Trav is back in because his heart went back in to A-fib? for the 3rd time in a little over a year. We got there just after it went back into rhythm. He will be there till tomorrow trying out some new drugs. Natalie was a slobbering, talking fool. She laughed and smiled and grabbed everything she could get her chubby little hands on. I can't believe she will be crawling before long. Steph said she even said "mama" once a few days ago. Sorry, no pics...
*
As a reward for for all their hard work, we went out to Mema and Papa's to swim and have dinner. Derek, Val, Emily and Honey Bear came out to join us too. We grilled chicken and shrimp fajitas. They were wonderful. Like usual, everything was fresh from the garden. Especially the jalapenos I stuffed with cheese... and then promptly stuck my finger in my eye!
*
Before dinner, Uncle Derek had races with the boys in the pool. I think he was at a little disadvantage with Cade hopping on for a ride. They love to play in the pool with their Uncle Derek.
what can I say...he's just beautiful!



We finished off the night with ice cream sundaes. No doubt about it...the Champagne's are an ice cream eating family! I still can't eat anything cold, so Emily and I tooled around the table while they all ate.
I just have to say, I am so blessed to have such wonderful in-laws. Jeanne and Dennis are awesome parents, and grandparents. And I love my brother and sister-in-law as much as I love my own family. We have such a good time just being together. Of course the addition of a baby girl has just made things even better. I know a lot of people dread being with their in-laws, but I look forward to every change we have to spend together.
*
I guess that's all for now...by this time next week we will moved to the new house.

So glad you all are having a great summer! And I don't think I knew you were moving- fun!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great weekend! You were making me hungry with the talk of all the food and then I felt your pain with the juices of the jalepenos in the eye, yikes!!
ReplyDeleteBabies and ceiling fans are the best aren't they?
Your boys are so handsome!
You know Sunday was "National Ice Cream Day" anyway!!! Actually the whole month is "National Ice Cream Month" so eat away. We are out so we need to make a run for some more. I love homemade ice cream!
ReplyDelete