Wednesday, September 3, 2008

New Job

Well, I have finally returned to the work force after almost 8 years as as "stay-at-home" mom. Not that I ever did much staying at home!!! Of course I've taught at KDP for the last 6 years & have had a really hard time praying my way through leaving the program. I love the kids and the teachers and most of all having Sabrina as my boss, but sometimes God just seems to have different plans for us.
My new job is at Community Preschool. I am the breakfast and lunch cook for the program. I will be done each day at 1:30, so I can still pick up the boys everyday after school. Since I have to be at there at 7:30 Bran is going to be taking the boys each morning. I had a great first day, and really think I'm going to love it.
BTW - We had a great time at the cabin this weekend. My camera did'nt make it into the car somehow, so I have NO PICTURES!! So I'll just to hit on a few highlights...
* Aaron roasted a whole pig for Labor Day (yes, head and all)
* The boys took their friends Tristen and Tyler.
We could barly get them to stop playing long enough to eat!
* mom and her boyfriend Wayne flew in for the weekend.
* My baby brother Justin came home for the first time in 7 years!
* Travis made his famous Chicken Marsala...it was wonderful.
* Aunt Lucy made her very famous Oreo Pie.
Thanks again to Tim and Bekah for letting us use their camper. The A/C was AWESOME!!

5 comments:

  1. Hi! I hope you don't think this is weird, but I found your blog through a friend's and I noticed your son plays football at Farmington. We just moved back there, and my brother is one of the football coaches (my mom works in the administration bldg, and my sis-in-law teaches 5th grade)! Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish you had pictures! I hate it when I leave my camera! I'm so glad that you are enjoying your new job- it sounds great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother is Coach Morrison (I think he's by far the youngest coach). His wife is Becky Morrison. Coach Morgan was actually my highschool spanish teacher! No, we never went to either of those churches. We grew up Assembly of God, but I did go to school at Farmington.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new job! How wonderful! I know they will all love you! Congrats. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. OK, I'm posting to YOUR blog. I've seen other people post replies on their own blog so honestly I wasn't sure what the proper etiquette was.

    ReplyDelete