
Ok, just one of my favorite things. I love these little meals in a box!!! I'm a huge fan of Thai food so this is right up my alley. They great thing is, this is not one of those dehydrated clumps of pasta with powder and crunchy veggies. You know the type. No, each item is in it's own baggie & you actually have to COOK IT! Imagine that!! I have never made it with the microwave directions, but I'm sure it's just as good. All you do is add one cup of water to a small pot, then you dump in everything and let it come to a boil for 4 minutes. In just 4 short minutes you have a pile of Thai goodness!
These are the only 2 flavors I've made so far. The Thai Peanut is a little spicy, but still my favorite. The Ginger Coconut is more mild but so flavorful. My only hint would be to tell you to leave out the green spice pack in the Ginger Coconut box. It tasted fine, but I thought it added a grainy element I didn't enjoy.
Last night I added some leftover chopped chicken to the Thai Peanut while it boiled. It was amazing!! This morning (yes, I had it for breakfast) I added some left-over shrimp to the Ginger Coconut. Yummm! When the hubby's out of town I don't do a lot of real cooking (just so you know)
FYI - In the Fayetteville Wal-Mart they run about $2.12 a box. How's that for a cheap and easy lunch...or breakfast! You will find them in the Asian section.
These are the only 2 flavors I've made so far. The Thai Peanut is a little spicy, but still my favorite. The Ginger Coconut is more mild but so flavorful. My only hint would be to tell you to leave out the green spice pack in the Ginger Coconut box. It tasted fine, but I thought it added a grainy element I didn't enjoy.
Last night I added some leftover chopped chicken to the Thai Peanut while it boiled. It was amazing!! This morning (yes, I had it for breakfast) I added some left-over shrimp to the Ginger Coconut. Yummm! When the hubby's out of town I don't do a lot of real cooking (just so you know)
FYI - In the Fayetteville Wal-Mart they run about $2.12 a box. How's that for a cheap and easy lunch...or breakfast! You will find them in the Asian section.
I bet Justin would love those. Thanks for the tip! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the idea of the great finds blog! Let me know what you decide.
ReplyDeleteHey Cassie - the girl in that picture is Dixie Morris.
ReplyDeleteI remember Brandon telling me about the Raiper one. Did they not put the names all together? Really?!?!?!
ReplyDelete