That is definitely the question.
Each and every time you move you are faced with the same questions...Is it a step up or down? Of course sometimes what you have to give up at one place you may gain back in some other way at the next place. For example...smaller bedrooms for a bigger yard. Or less yard for more square footage. Or how about 1 bathroom for 3 acres? I mean, what are the things you want really worth to you? And then, after you make your "must have" list, you are faced with the next question. How much are you willing to pay to get those things? That's when things get a little sticky.
Everyone puts a different value on their "must have" items. I think bedrooms have a much lower value than kitchens. I also think that a great yard is priceless. Ok, not priceless, but it's definitely at the top of my "must have" list. I am willing to put up with one bathroom for a great utility room & ample storage. My husband on the other has bathrooms at the TOP of his list. I mean really, bathrooms? Which brings up the next hurtle...Two people with very different "must have" lists.
Mine:
1. Great yard
2. Neighbors
3. Kitchen
4. Big utility room & lots of storage
5. Price
His:
1. Bathrooms
2. Big bedrooms
3. 2-story
4. Big living room
5. Yard
As you can see, it's like we live on different planets or something! It's only by the grace of God we stay married during moves at all.
hi cassie, i saw your blog off of Amy H. glad to see you in the blogging world!
ReplyDelete